Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Paula's Wedding






My dear friend Paula got married on Saturday. The weatherman was threatening rain, and for once, we were glad that he was a liar! What a perfect, perfect, perfect day for the perfect couple. Paula and Josh were wed at a quaint little Marina/Resort on Sodus Bay. Paula looked stunning and so happy. I can't explain how happy I am for her. Josh and Paula have been together for about 12 years, and it was finally her turn! She waited for so long...but I believe it was worth the wait. She grinned ear to ear, it was contagious.

Just to give you a little history on Paula and how I know her.... She was my supervisor when I went to work for my first "Grown up job" at Hudson Hotels. I remember my first day thinking, "Oh my, they have me working with some hoity toity chick" but I couldn't have been further from the truth. Paula is one of most caring people I know, and down to earth. I love her to death and have been so supportive to me. She has let me bend her ear a time or two... and she has trusted me with a big secret, just because she wanted to make me feel left in the group even though I was moving far away. She is one of my best friends from down in Rochester, and I couldn't have asked for a better role model.

I wish Josh and Paula the best of luck (not that they need it) and I can't wait until they start their family so Mattie has another baby around her age to play with. No rushing you and no pressure. ha ha ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reneeeee. im all teared up...that was so sweet of you to say all of those nice things... about hoity toity ol' me!!
I love you girl!