Monday, January 15, 2007

"Sometimes you wanna go...Where everybody knows your name......."

I only have one day left in Rochester and I still have our whole upstairs to pack. So many things run through my mind today. I am trying to stay focused to think about my longterm goal. Short term goals are a little scary at the moment. On my way into work I heard this song that made things seem a lot clearer. I wish that I could play a soundclip on here so you could hear how pretty the song is, but instead, I have the words for you to view. It sums up my feelings at the moment, and some sort of justification for our leaving. I hope that Mattie one day will have the same sense of smalltown love that I felt growing up. If anyone gets the chance...try to go online and listen to the song.


Quiet Town
By: Josh Rouse
I know somewhere there is a party going down
Interesting people, conversation to be found
I've lived in cities where there is no solitude
Made some friends here that I hope I'll never lose
But for now I want to stay in this quiet town
The neighbors on my block they've got stories to tell
This is the grocery where once was a hotel
And Mr. Driscoll he just stands there with his smile
Inviting everyone he sees to come inside
This is the life, I want to live in a quiet town

Ooh sometimes I miss the show...I loved a long time ago
Ooh sometimes I miss the show...I loved a long time ago
Come Sunday morning there's a market on the square
Children are playing, bells are ringing in the air
Old men are drinking, it's a lazy afternoon
Content with thinking that there is nothing to do
So for now I'm going to stay in this quiet town
In this quiet town
In this quiet town

No comments: