Friday, November 30, 2007

My accident with the amish


Yes, that's correct. Today, on my way into work, I went around a curve and Bam, there was an Amish Buggy in the middle of my lane. I tried to turn to the left to get around it, but hit the back wheel, and the horse went crazy. I drove forward about a block and watch in horror as the horse went crazy and bucked up and was weaving all over the road. Down in the ditch it went and then these poor little women got out and tried to control him. I didn't know what I was going to do, I tried to help with the horse, but wasn't much help. I called 911 and the little amish lady didn't want me to because she didn't want to go to the hospital. She ended up going because she had a cut on her head that may or may not have required stitched. It happened in between 2 amish houses so before I knew it, there was like 20 amish around me. They all were worried about me and my wet hair and tried to reassure me that it wasn't my fault and that is happens a lot. I felt so bad. The cops came, I got a ticket for an uninspected car (irony was is that I was going to go get it inspected today at 2:30) and he said it wasn't my fault, they should be off to the side of the road. Doesn't matter, I still feel terrible, and my car is wrecked on the right side. I live in Amish country, now I am nervous to drive everyday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, everyone is ok and that is the main thing. I think you can fight the ticket if you show that you got your inspection right after.

Glad to hear from you! - Anna Marie

Mom of Mattie said...

I can't get it inspected now, I have like no front to my vehicle, well, on the left side its ok, but to the right, I can see the guts to my car. And I have no door handles on the right. Good Grief!

How is Galina?

Andy & Nikole Downing said...

Oh Renee!! That's awful. See what happens when you move to DePeyster??? Crazy things. Very sorry to hear about your vehicle. I'm glad that everyone is alright...I'm assuming the horse eventually calmed down. Be careful and I hope I get to see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm glad you're okay and no one was seriously hurt, but man, I couldn't help giggling to myself! Only you, my friend!

We miss you down here!!

Nenno

Mary Shelsby said...

Renee,

Anything for drama, right? Sorry, I can't help my self. Glad to hear you are okay! Good to hear from you.

Mary

Mom of Mattie said...

Only happens to me! I know.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! One of the many reasons why I miss you so much. Glad you're alright. Let us know when you're in town and can do dinner.

Smiles,

Anita