Thursday, December 13, 2007

A New Family Member

No, I am not pregnant! We have a new family member who walks on all fours. His name is Bentley and he is our new Saint Bernard. Thanks to Tracey, she gave me the heads up that her brother Craig is relocating and couldn't take his 2 year old Saint Bernard with him. Scott picked him up on Sunday, and Mattie and I got to meet him on Monday. He is a big, gentle boy. His transition has been good, a little barking, well, a lot of barking. He is very nervous about Mattie and all of her noises that she makes. Mattie loves him, thinks its pretty neat when he gets a toy in his mouth and shakes it side to side. She lets out a big belly laugh when he does it. Or when he gets some hair in his nose and snorts like a pig, she laughs at that too! He has bonded with Scott because he is a male, and because he has known him longer. This morning I gave him lots of mommy time, so I am sure he likes me too. He got a clean bill of health from the Vet, just an ear infection and some vaccinations.
I have a feeling that he will love us in time. He, I am sure, misses Craig. I know Craig misses him too. We will be sure to send him lots of pictures and add some of the tons of dog hair that he sheds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a whole lot of dog!!!!