Sunday, March 01, 2009

Peter Bullis

A call that you never want to get... your best friend leaving a message stating that her father has passed. To hear the hurt in her voice, it breaks me apart. What can you do to ease the pain of your friend. I am at a loss. Peter was such a great man and the the rock in their family. He is going to be missed.
So today I am taking the day off to try to help in any which was I can. What can I do? I can't bring Nellie's dad back or make her hurt go away. I feel so helpless. I hope that there is something that I can do that will help them in some way. I love you Nell and I am so sorry for your loss.

_____________________________________________________________

Ira M. Bullis Obituarydate: February 28, 2009
Funeral services for Ira M. “Pete” Bullis, 72, of Canton, will be held on Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 11:00am at O’Leary Funeral Home in Canton with Rev. Bruce LaRose, officiating. Mr. Bullis passed away on Saturday, February 28, 2009 at Canton-Potsdam Hospital. Friends may call at the funeral home from 2-4 and 7-9pm on Tuesday, March 3, 2009. Contributions in lieu of flowers may be made to the Canton Volunteer Rescue Squad, Riverside Drive, Canton, New York 13617.Surviving Mr. Bullis are his wife of 32 years, Janet, four daughters, Katherine Mastro of Waterman Hill, Peggy and Ricky Shea of South Colton, Anna and Eric Wright of Waterman Hill, Nellie and Jeremy Lucas of Waterman Hill, a sister Gretchen and Rollin Locke of Russell and three grandchildren. Two children in infancy, Darlene and Allen Bullis, a brother in infancy, a sister Beverly Jennings and a granddaughter Heather Bullis predecease him. Born March 21, 1936 in Canton, son of the late Mahlon and Lucia (Blackmer) Bullis, he attended the Brick chapel School and Canton Central. A marriage to Beverly Fifield ended in divorce. On August 29, 1976 he married Janet Smith in Pierrepont with J.P. Bill Brewer officiating. Mr. Bullis worked construction throughout the North Country, later becoming a member of the Operating Engineers Local 545 union, and later becoming employed at Canton College working on the grounds crew, retiring in 1999 after 18 years.He was an avid hunter, loved the outdoors and cutting wood and helping out local farmers.
Condolences may be shared with the family online at O’Leary Funeral Service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Renee-
I want to thank you so much for everything that you have done for me and my family these past days. You were there when I really needed you, I know there weren't any words to help with our pain and sadness, but just having my best friend by my side was a comfort. Thank you so much for speaking at my dads wake, that meant a lot to all of us, and I know my dad would have really gotten a kick out of remembering those stories! Thank you again Renee. We all love you! Nell