Sunday, November 05, 2006

A great weekend!



Wow, what a great weekend we had. We were so thankful to have my mother, sister Teresa, Grandmother, Aunt Bonnie and Emily down for the weekend. They all came to town to spoil Miss Mattie, go to the craftshow in Buffalo, get our pictures taken for our 4 generation photo, and for my Tastefully Simple party I had today. Mattie loves visitors because that means more attention for her. She babbled her little lips off today speaking to her great grammy, it was too cute. Yesterday was a very long day. We had the photo's taken, and then went to the craft show. It's my annual kick-off to Christmas shopping. I always have fun when I go there. This year it was even more fun with all of my company in tow. My Aunt Jo and cousin "Breezy Bree" Brianna came and met us there too. Mattie had a lot of fun, getting her first glimpse of a Christmas Tree, and all the craft fair hoopla! Guess what else Mattie did for the first time? She sat on Santa's lap. Of course we had to get her picture taken when she did. He was a sweet "Santa" and the donation for the picture went to the ASPCA of Buffalo, so how could I refuse? She didn't know quite what to think, but it was so funny. It will be a memory I will never forget. :) On our way back home yesterday, I came down with Pink Eye, which is just soooooooo much fun. I don't think I have ever washed my hands so much in a day as I did today. I had a nice turnout for my tastefully simple party. And who wouldn't want to come for free yummy food? :)
On a sadder note, our babysitter Amanda was put into the hospital for an emergency appendectomy yesterday. Poor thing. Come to find out, she had gangrene in her appendix. How scary. So mommy and Mattie are hanging out at home tomorrow to try to keep everyone's exposure to Pink Eye to a minimum, and the rest of the week is still up in the air for daycare! I have a busy week ahead...so here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: