Wednesday, November 01, 2006

We Survived Halloween





We survived our first Halloween with Mattie. It was such a long night. I left work early, then Scott, Mattie and I headed over to his mom's work to show her off. After that we headed to her house so little Tooch could take a nap. Then we went over to Scott's grandparents house, and they just gobbled her up. Funny little story, maybe TMI, but funny anyways. Everytime we go to their house, Mattie decideds to fill her diaper. Usually, she overfills her diaper. :) So last night was no different, and she filled it big time, with her costume on and all. Good thing we don't cheap out on the diapers. :) Anyways.... we then made 2 more stops, one at Aunt Marians, the other at Aunt Kathy's. Lets just say, by the end of the night, it wasn't just Mattie that was pooped out.
So now we look forward to Turkey day, and can't wait to get her a funny Christmas costume to take her pictures in. It doesn't seem possible that it was almost a year now since we found out that we were going to be parents, and how much our lives have changed in that year. I can't imagine my life without Mattie in it, and don't remember a day before she came. She has opened my eyes to so many things. I used to consider myself pretty selfish, but not anymore. I do everything for her. Don't get me wrong, I love Scott, but there is no words to express the love of your own child. On that...I say goodnight....more to come tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Renee, you've settled in beautifully to motherhood, and Mattie has one awesome mom!

I don't know how you visited all those place, you must be so pooped. We stayed home and passed out Candy. :)

Mom of Mattie said...

Thanks Lisa! We were very pooped. But it only comes around once a year. It was fun, great memories.

Mary Shelsby said...

Hi Renee,

I just love your blog. Keep the photos and stories coming!

Mom of Mattie said...

Thanks Mary! I will keep you posted!