Saturday, November 11, 2006

It's dangerous to have an outlet mall so close!

Jill and I were having a pitty party for ourselves today, not liking men much, and wanted a girls day with the babies. So it was off to the outlet malls where we braved out the icky weather. The only thing I bought myself was a couple pairs of undies, but I got Mattie a bunch of clothes, and some Christmas presents for Scott and my dad. I came to the conclusion that I am not going overboard on Mattie this year. I have a couple toys tucked away, and I have been buying her clothes left and right for the upcoming new year, so I think she is all set. I am not going overboard with anyone this year for two reasons. The first being that I always do go overboard on people, and go into debt doing it and the second is that this year I plan on doing a lot of homemade gifts. AKA pictures in nice frames of Miss Mattie. Every year I hear "It's not how much you spend, but the quality of the gift, and gifts aren't the meaning of Christmas. Yet every year I feel this overbearing pressure to buy more and more. And spend more time in the stores with grumpy ba-humbugs that make me want to bash them over the head with my $30 roll of wrapping paper.
Jill, Shelby, Mattie and I had lots of fun spending not so much money. It was so nice just to hang out with another mommy and daughter duo, just chitchatting and laughing about how cute the kids are. Shelby was so into Mattie, wanting to touch Mattie all the time, even if it was just her shoes. :) She was too cute! And who can't laugh when you would hear "Oh Reneeeeeeeeeeee" from across the store. I swear she is one of the smartest two year olds I know. Jill and I will be hanging out a lot more now that Jill will be our secretary at work. It will be so nice to have another girl in our office for a change. She might even talk me into joining Weight Watchers again. We'll see on that. Me Likes Me Cookies!!!!! ha ha ha

1 comment:

Mom of Mattie said...

I told my mom about how cute Shelby was, how she would cry because Mattie was crying. Poor little thing.
Yah, we should plan on going once you get your but working at ATL... we could go one weekend when you aren't working. I want to get more candles for presents. :)
Thanks again!