Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The worst phone call you could get!





Today I got that one phone call you dread getting....
Scott called me at work to tell me him and Mattie had gotten into an accident. My stomach just about dropped out of me instanly. But I am glad to say, they both are alright.
Scott and Mattie were on their way to see me at work, stopped at the bottom of the Winton Rd. ramp, when some asshole (Pardon my french) rearended them! Luckily, a cop was right behind them. Actually, the cop saw the guy and clocked him going 86 in a 65. So when he pulled out to pull him over, the guy saw him, and then tried to weave in and out of traffic to get away from the cop. So he tried to get off the interstate real quick, and hit Scott and Mattie. Scott's car doesn't look like anything happend to it besides some scrapes. The losers car got smashed up though. Good, serves him right. Mattie has a little bruise from the safety belt on her carseat, her pediatrician said she looked fine. Scott went to the ER to get checked out, he was fine too. The jerk that hit them got 3 tickets for endangering the welfare of a child, driving with a suspended license, and for speeding. What a creep.
So hopefully I will never get a phonecall like that again! How scary, and it made me see how life could seriously change in a blink of an eye, so cherish everything and everyone you have.

On a lighter note... enjoy some new pictures of my little survivor!

3 comments:

Mary Shelsby said...

I am so glad everyone is okay!

Anonymous said...

oh my god...thank god everyone is allright! You guys must be feeling so much emotion today. Take a day off together as a family...tell your boss I said so!

Mom of Mattie said...

Yah, I wish! I had Monday and Tuesday off due to pink eye, so I can't take the day off. Scott did though. :)