Sunday, November 19, 2006

Our weekend up in Canton

Mattie, Bree and I had fun up at my moms for the weekend. We bought some christmas presents at the craft show for Teresa and for Sheila. The shopping season has officially begun.
Mattie experienced her first food on her 4 month birthday. It was squash, and she loved it. The photos show that for sure.
We also got a chance to go visit Nellie and Jeremy. Mattie has a little fit for the first couple of minutes while she was there, but after a couple burps, she was as good as gold. I hope we didn't scare Nell and Jeremy because they are due to be first time parents any day now. Nell looked great, has the perfect little baby belly, and is excited to bring Parker into this world. Mattie can't wait to meet her future husband.
Poor Bree had to deal with Mattie's terrible temper tantrums she throws in the car once the sun goes down. For over an hour straight, she screamed and carried on. She hates not being able to see outside. There comes a downfall with being so observant, and that is one of them. If she can't see her surroundings, watch the hell out! :)
One thing I was bumed out about is that we didn't get our traditional tuna noodle casserole. I will excuse my mom this one time. She went to dinner with her friend Cindy. Cindy just lost her son in October, and my mom, being the great friend she is, has helped her and her husband George out a lot, so they treated her to dinner.
On a funny note, Mattie and I had no suitcases to unload when we got up there. Why you ask? Well, me being the worry wart I am, was worried about getting her carseat adjusted correctly for the trip, and got so caught up in it, that I forgot to throw the suitcases into the car. I realized this 1/2 way to Canton. Aunt Shanelle got Tooch a couple cute outfits, and mom had some clothes that we store up there. I just had to raid my dads size large sweats, so you all can imagine how sexy I looked. Yes, I am bringing sexy back! I just washed my day clothes at night when I went to bed. Thank god for washing machines.
Crazy neighbor is still in her apartment. Our "no balls" landlord gave her another week cause she gave him a song and dance how she had family coming over for the holiday. Well excuse me, I would have too if I didn't have a crazy living next door. I can't wait until she is gone, and if she isn't gone by the end of the month, we are looking for a new place!
Mattie had her first go-round with the Johnny Jump Up, but basically just hung there, chewed on the seat, and swung back and forth.

No comments: