Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I have some of the bravest friends

I don't stop to think about in nearly enough, but I have some of the greatest, bravest friends.
Let me introduce you to a couple of them.

Nellie- She has been my best friend since I can remember, and she has put up with me for many years. This girl is amazing. Not only is she the greatest friend, she is the best "Aunt", and will be the best mom. She is on bedrest until my little nephew Parker arrives in December. She was so brave to have gone through a couple scares, getting sent to Burlington, VT to make sure that Parker didn't come way early. I tease her on a daily basis because every time I call and ask what she did that day, its always the same answer. "I watched TV". She is keeping a great sense of humor throughout it all. I love her a lot!

Marcy- We used to be coworkers, now we are great friends. She has been there for a me a lot, and is my family down here in Rochester. When I lived on my own, her family took me in, and made sure I had company on Holidays and such. I have gotten to see her children grow up, and every Tuesday she opens her house up to me for our weekly girls night. Its a fun time to do a little male bashing and complain about our jobs and how we wish we never had to work again. She is a great mom, putting up with 2 teenagers, and one toddler. She is the kind of mom that won't ever give up on her kids, as much as they want her to sometimes.

Jenn- I never realized how strong of a woman she was until I sat down and read her blog for over 2 hours tonight. This little spitfire went through infertility, and a premature birth of her daughter Avery, and came out ontop! She kept her head, and her faith throughout it all. I remember when I found out I was pregnant, I was so excited to spread the news, but I was so afraid to tell Jenn. I knew how her and Keith were trying so hard, so how could I tell her how successful I was on the first try. But she was happy for me, even though she must have been thinking, "Why can't this be me?". I used to work with her at ParkRidge, and she is one of the few that I miss from there. I miss talking with her on my way out at night, sharing goofy little stories or getting words of encouragement from her. I hope her little bundle of joy Avery Grace, and Mattie get to be great friends. Please check out her blog to see just how great of a woman she is. www.thompson1220.blogspot.com

My Mom- God, I was so rotten to her for a while. I don't know why, and I can't take all of the crap I did to her back, but I would if I could. I really realized how much she loved throughout my pregnancy with Mattie. She was there for me every second. And when I needed her there for the labor, once again...There every second. I almost fell apart when Mattie, Scott and I had to leave my mom after being with her for Mattie's first week on this earth. I remember thinking, how am I going to do this without my mom? It's impossible! She reassured me, laughed away my tears, and called me at least once a day since her birth to check on things. Needless to say, I have survived without her here with us, but I must admit...I like it a lot better when she is around.

So...those are just a few of the strong women in my life. I thought tonight would be a good night to reflect on how much they mean to me.

No comments: